Back in the (Samsung) Fold

Wow, I can't state enough how fantastic it feels to be all in with Samsung again- and this time with the Fold, which is truly such a fun device to use! I underestimated how annoying and limiting it was trying to go between an Android phone, an Apple iPad and a Windows Laptop. The 2 most important synergy features for me are the ability to use Samsung notes on every single device I own, and the ability to move photos, even if offline. 

I am so thrilled to be back to using Samsung seamlessly on all devices (including my Buds live and Galaxy Watch 4). And I have gotten my Fold 3 just about exactly how I want it after about 2 weeks of use. I even purchased a chunk of data from KeepGo that I can use over the course of a year (I LOVE this model so much more than the monthly pay setup). It works so well for everything I need and the ability to fold it up once I am done using it- seriously, what a gamechanger for tablet portability! It's true that I hardly ever use the front screen, but I can envision using it on the summertime via a waterproof case to control music poolside...I never use my phone because every phone call ("I'm on my way, save me drink!") and every video I take interrupts the music. 

And speaking of multimedia- wow! What a fantastic device it is to be able to fit anywhere and just play content. I feel like the size lends itself so much more than the Tab S7 did to being my go-to for media watching. I even use it in the bathroom by the sink as I do my facial cleansing ritual before bed. 

The only thing that I miss from my iPad mini is the Apple + app- I've gotten into the series Bad Sisters and I do wish I had the native app to be able to watch it. I can view it via the browser, but the player is a bit finicky at times. I guess it motivates me to watch it on the larger screen of my TV or my Samsung Galaxy Pro 360 laptop. 

I was recently asked if I would consider using the Fold as my phone...and the answer for now is No:

1. The camera on the S22 Ultra is incredible and I couldn't imagine taking the step back.

2. For lower profile times, I do enjoy the less ostentatious look of the S22 Ultra. 

3. I need a 'disconnect' device- one that has notifications turned off, and allows me to submerge myself in a book if I choose to without having to remember to turn sounds on and off. 

4. My consumption truly requires me to have 2 devices- I have used a tablet since November 2010 when I picked up the original Galaxy Tab from Verizon and have never looked back. I truly love how much flexibility using 2 devices gives me. 

Keep it up, Samsung, I'm loving it!


 

Comments