The Arguments Against 8 Inch Tablets

I've been kind of waiting (hoping?) for Samsung to release an 8 inch version of their newer tablets. I had a great run with my S2 8.0 version from 2016 until I retired it in 2020 for the Surface Duo. It was ultimately the lack of pen support that lured me away as it was otherwise a great device and I liked the size. 

I don't have a particular beef with my S7- we've been together for 18 months now and I've loved everything about it. But I still wanted to see what Samsung was prepared to do to in the 7-8 inch space. 

Today I grabbed a work ipad to compare the size and realized that it is highly unlikely that I would be able to go back to an 8 inch tablet:

1. I use the split screen functions often and imagine it would be extremely cramped in 8 inches. 

2. The experience of watching media on the big, bright screen cannot be matched. It's gorgeous. 

3. Using my pen on the screen feels like a more luxurious experience with long lines, especially when I write in landscape mode. 

It's interesting to see how used to things we get over time. It seems like just yesterday I was pondering how I would do without a 7 Inch tablet; now I can't imagine going back! I suppose the size of my Samsung S22 Ultra also comes pretty close now too!



 

Comments