Galaxy Tab S7... Quick Switch

As my return window for the $1,500 Surface Duo loomed near, I realized that I couldn't keep it. It was a novelty for sure, but the in-between size eventually became a burden...it was too small to be a tablet, too unwieldy to replace my phone... All in all, I still *needed* something different. 
The most prevalent use for my tablet this year has been for personal Journaling and note-taking. With that in mind, the biggest shortcoming the Duo had was the limited screen space. I couldn't truly write freely without coming up against one of the edges, or the middle seam. I had already ruled out the Apple IPad Mini, and the Tab S6, but then the Tab S7 came out and I found myself curious about this device:
1. No 7 inch option meant I would need to rethink how I use my tablet. 
2. No internet connectivity meant I would be reliant on wifi or tethering to my phone. 
Could I really make the leap?

Well, nearly 2 months in, I can honestly say YES! It's excellent for me! The keyboard case was really the part that sealed the deal and my current decision is whether I will auction off my Surface Book because I really haven't used it at all since I have been using the S7. 

It's been great having all the screen real estate and yet carrying a 10/11 inch tablet really hasn't been the burden I expected it to be. What has been particularly nice has been leaning fully into the Android ecosystem without having to 'make-do' on my Windows Laptop. There are a few work-related things that I still need my company issued Surface Pro for, but they are few and far between. And for those times when you need the Windows feel...there's Dex mode!

A fraction of the cost of the Duo, really fun to use and perfect for pen input I'm all in with the Galaxy Tab S7!

 

Comments