Tech to Go: How I used my gadgets over a Weekend away

This weekend I took a trip to Boston and since my Galaxy Book Pro 360 had only just arrived, I decided to bring it along with me for the trip. My GBP360 joined my Galaxy Tab S7 Tablet, my S21 Ultra phone, Galaxy buds live and Surface Arc mouse. I recently purchased the Kaya Calpak Backpack  and planned to use that as my personal item or handbag on the American Airlines flight. 





The project I've been idly working on for the past few weeks is sorting my several thousands of photos in my Dropbox account. I felt that the flight would give me ample time to do some offline work on this project which would sync up once I was able to connect to wifi. I downloaded some movies on Netflix and Hulu, charged up my gadgets and prepared for takeoff. Here is how each item fared:





Calpak Backpack- this was the undisputed MVP of the trip. The compartments were easy to access, the bag kept its shape and it was so easy to sling over my shoulder without weighing my shoulder down. 


It also has a wide strap on the back so it slides onto my carryon bag. I always love when a company makes these tweaks to make moving around easier. 















S21 Ultra Phone: I picked the Ultra because of the camera and it did not disappoint. The battery easily lasted through the long days, I was able to take beautiful pictures and videos with the unbelievable camera with amazing quality:



Galaxy Buds Live: The best thing about working in an all-Samsung environment is how seamlessly the buds move between devices. I can be watching a movie on my tablet, my phone rings, and the buds just magically know to switch over! They are also very comfortable, even while wearing a mask for the plane ride. Sometimes the pulling on both sides of the ear can be uncomfortable but I didn't find that to be the case here. 


Galaxy Tab S7: 


As always, downloading movies to my Tab is a guaranteed way to stay entertained during flights. This trip I also spent a good amount of time journaling as there were many emotions to be processed through. On my flight to Boston, the aircraft was so small and cramped that my GBP360 did not fit onto the table comfortably, so I was glad to be able to switch over to my Tab instead. 
One of the Samsung ecosystem workflows I really appreciate is the Nearby Share, which works even when devices are in airplane mode. It was a great way to be able to move any photos or videos quickly over from my phone. During my trips I have taken to putting together highlight reels for YouTube and I find it very easy using PowerDirector on my Tab. The additional screen real estate is very helpful and the S-Pen makes precise scrubbing to a location easy work, even during turbulence.



Galaxy Book Pro 360 & Surface Mouse: 

I am partial to the Surface mouse because I love how it stores flat when not in use, and I really like the action of arching it open to use. It has a nice rubbery feel that makes it a great companion to my GBP360. Speaking of which....I love this laptop. Seriously, this 13.3 inch size makes it so portable, and improves the screen resolution so much from the 15 inch model. The battery life has also been a pleasant surprise- it has gotten me through each day without needing a recharge. The only thing I am currently working on is my typing- with my nails, I find I am often missing keys. I decided to cut them much shorter next time to help improve my typing. I currently have 255GB free which is after loading most of my photos and videos. I am still filing and labeling them, but so far it look like this will be a healthy amount of memory for me. I have a 1TB hard drive and should I need to, I can move my pictures over and only keep current ones downloaded to my laptop. 



Overall, it was a fantastic trip, and I have to give some credit to my thoughtful tech collection. Here's the highlight reel of my trip:






Comments