Underwhelmed by Galaxy Book Pro 360

 I have been so excited to receive the Galaxy Book Pro 360.. so I'm a bit heartbroken to get to this point but I think...I'm returning it and sticking with my Surface Book 3. I love the Samsung ecosystem and was excited to have a laptop to complete the gang (Tab S7 and S21 Ultra).

Let me start by saying- it's a truly beautiful device. I ordered both the 15 and 13 inch versions (the 13 inch is back ordered until June) and even though I haven't used a 15 inch laptop, it is surprisingly light. It was so light, in fact, that when I picked it up at one point, I heard a little sound- not a crack, just a small squeal as if I had picked it up at a point that it could crack if held too hard.

As soon as I powered it on, I was bummed by the display resolution. It shouldn't have been as big a deal, but it definitely felt like a step back. I was surprised because even my S7 Tab screen felt so much better built.

Once I started using it, the fans kicked on pretty quickly- which was surprising considering how little I was doing. I guess the trade off for the size is that it will need cooling sooner. I tested the other modes and I think that could be a workaround- although I'm not sure what the sacrifice is in keeping the fans low or silent when they are instinctively going off.

On any other year, I don't even think the Webcam camera would be an issue for me. But, like most people in a pandemic-era world, a huge chunk of my life revolves around Zoom meetings so the moment I turned on the webcam, I knew it was a wrap. The camera is bad, there's just no sugar coating that fact. And it is all the more shocking that this comes from the people behind the unbelievable camera on the S21 Ultra! I mean, what happened, guys??

At this point, I'll let the 13 inch version be shipped because I'm holding out hope that the smaller screen size will translate to improved resolution. But, for now, the 15 inch is being shipped back. I'm bummed, but I realize it's what's right for me. I do not have the instant connection/attraction to it that I was really hoping to have.

So pretty though!

Comments