Change of Plans- Tablet Vs Laptop

 

By the time you read this, the Galaxy Book Pro and Pro 360 crowd should be happily receiving the fulfilment of their preorders...and I will not be in that initial group. This week I noticed that the 13 inch version of the Pro 360 was listed in Mystic Bronze with a ship date of June 15th. And so, I canceled my order for the 15 inch and went with the 13 inch instead. I had been struggling with the decision to go with the 15 inch, which just seemed unwieldly and inconsistent with all my other purchases which had usually been in the 13 inch category. I ended up Jedi mind-tricking myself into the 15 inch by aligning it with the fact that my tablet had also gone up (from 7 inches to the 11 inch Tab S7). 

Then I took a beat: Wait. Hold up. Why have I been tricking out my 11 inch tab to be a laptop replacement (by ordering the keyboard case, using Dex, etc)? My S7 usage has been 90% journaling and YouTube viewing. In fact, I've recently gotten a case that stands up the Tab for viewing and have wished it was a laptop so it could stand on it's own. Not to mention that the S7 has no standalone connectivity so it has definitely not been able to go 'on its own' for any adventures with me. 

With all that in mind, and the anticipation of being able to use Samsung Notes, I have decided to make a bold change. After 11 years of tablet use, I think I am ready to pare down to 2 devices- My Ultra S21 phone and a super portable inking tablet, the Galaxy Book Pro 360 in 13 inches. I am nervous about how it will all work out, and I am a bit bummed that I am not going to be having my own unboxing this Friday. But, I am firmly convinced that this is the right step for me. The S21 Ultra is as close to a 7 inch tablet as one can get and the GBP360 can certainly do all the rest. I'm that much more excited for June now!

Comments