Surface Book 3- A Love Story

 

For the past 6 years my HP Spectre 360 has been my powerhouse laptop- it had a nice full fold screen that could convert it into a chunky tablet of a sort, and was very sleek and thin. 

But during the quarantine remote work time, I found myself wishing it would do...more. I didn't really have a list of needs, but just wanted to feel a bit more dazzled by my tech. 


Over the past few months, I also spent a good amount of time testing out new tablets- specifically those with pen input (Apple iPad Mini, Galaxy S6) only to wish that I had the pen option on my laptop too. My company work engine is a Surface Pro, and I've always sort of enjoyed using it, but realized the soft-ish fabric keyboard was a nonstarter for me. With the upcoming Surface Duo, I became more interested in the Surface Pen, and an opportunity for using it on both my tablet and my laptop. 


So, I decided to jump in, and made the leap to the Surface Book 3....it seemed like the best compromise- it's a laptop, but can detach and become a standalone 13-inch tablet with a great pen. 

I've been using the Surface Book 3 for the past few weeks and I can't recall being so excited about tech. I'm journaling almost daily, sketching often and find the experience really smooth. That's not to say it's all rosy....opening my Surface Book on my lap results in a painful pinch of skin if I'm not careful. And it's a bit top heavy- likely to topple over if I lean it too far back.

But for the few cons, there are so many more pros. Now it's time to sell off that HP Spectre and offset some of the cost!



Comments