In-Car Entertainment System

image

After posting about my lunch-time ritual of movie watching, I got a number of messages from folks asking me how comfortable this actually is. Well, its quite comfortable and I've gone back to the setup I used when I had my Fuze now that I'm using another landscape device.

I bought this business card holder dirt cheap from Office Max back when I had the iPaq HP 910 and had used them around the house as a nice cradle alternative:

Cardholder

After a lot of trial and error, I found that rotating my steering wheel upside down gives me a perfect sized space to comfortably put the card holder in. Its a nice snug, but not too tight fit that was able to comfortably hold the weight of the HTC Fuze (5.82oz) and is also able to hold my iPod Touch (4.2oz):


Ledge

And that holds my iPod at a very comfortable viewing angle, and I can attach my external speakers, or the audio cable Dean set up for me in the truck and I'm good to go. McGyver!!

*It should be fairly obvious, but this is not really not recommended while driving. Because your eyes should be on the road, you know.

Comments