A Million and one uses for Evernote

You'll remember a while ago I decided on Evernote as the perfect journal solution. Since then I scanned in all my old handwritten diaries and journals and have found a million and one ways to use Evernote that are invaluable to me:

- Scan in birthday and holiday cards

-Scan old letters and notes 

-Scan receipts to reduce paper clutter

-Keep a notebook of Seth's milestones as they happen (sometimes I take a pic with my phone, jot an email and then send them to his notebook)

-I just noticed that there is a nifty 'add to evernote' button in Outlook. I added some emails to evernote and the date automatically adjusted to the date of the email-neat!

-Take before and after picture of re-decorating and archive it by date. (Some rooms go through a few changes in my house!)

-Scan warranties and file them under the date of their renewal/expiration. Reminds me to keep track of what needs to be updated.

-Clip my Facebook wall for archiving.

-Clip my old Twitters for archiving.

For everyone who thinks Evernote looks like a great idea but can't figure out how to get started, I hope at least one of these will be a good place to start.

Comments