Summer Vacation Destination: Back to the Big Apple!

Because my birthday falls right in the middle of summer it has become a family tradition for us to schedule our vacations with that day as the centerpiece. Last year I spent my birthday on the Eiffel Tower, in 2012 we jetted off to the Dominican Republic the day after. I am very fortunate and I don't take a second of it for granted. 
This year we've booked our trip to New York! I haven't been back since 2008 where we had a very troubled trip (unemployed, suddenly broken phone, staying with mother-in-law for the week....) but this time we have a very different type of holiday planned. We'll be spending the week at the Waldorf Astoria (which I have ALWAYS wanted to do ever since I watched Coming to America, lol!) and I'll be connecting with a lot of friends and family. 
This trip is all about showing Seth the NYC I 'grew up' in. We plan to take him to Central Park, South Street Sea Port, Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty. 7 years after moving to Texas it feels really exciting to be going 'back home' even if just for a visit. 



Comments