My iRevelation

Photobucket

Its been about 3 weeks with my iPod Touch and so far its been a great experience. I've used it for watching videos and podcasts, for organizing my wardrobe, and as my mobile TV Guide. But on one front it has failed me- sharing multimedia. Let me explain: a few weeks ago the whole world was agog at Susan Boyle and her amazing talent. As we lounged on our patio, I pulled up the YouTube video on my iPod Touch to show Dean, only to be reminded that without a speaker I'd need to hunt around for a headset. Its happened several times since- and each time I become increasingly frustrated at not having the ability to hear sound through the device. 2 days ago I finally decided it was time to do something about it: I could buy a ton of mini-speakers and stash them throughout the house, car and yard, or I could ante up and upgrade to a 2G iPod Touch. I decided to go for the latter. Its not the first time I've switched to an upgraded device in such a short amount of time- my Nokia N770 lasted all of 11 days before I caved in to the N800. So, I went ahead and purchased a second generation iPod Touch which will have an external speaker. One of the things that we love to do on summer evenings after putting Seth to bed is to sit out on the patio and listen to streaming radio through Slacker or Pandora. In the past I had used my iPaq 910 and even my Bold, but now I won't need to worry about having enough battery life at the the end of a long day to do that, because my iPod Touch will be doing the heavy lifting!

Comments