Lulu's Closet by iSort

2 profound things happened to me on July 23, 1995. The first is that I turned 18. The second is that I went to see a little movie called 'Clueless' and the concept of wardrobe-managing software was planted in my mind. Perhaps the way some people were moved by the interactive screen Tom Cruise used in Minority Report, is the way that I watched with awe at the idea of software that would automate the entire process of matching outfits.

Clueless Pictures, Images and Photos

Its an idea that stuck with me since then, and I've always wanted to be able to recreate that experience. Fast forward 14 years (wow, I'm old!) and we've moved into a home where I have my own luxurious walk-in closet and I was determined to find a way to do it. Except my goals are to be able to use my mobile device to plan my outfit even before I get out of bed, and to make sure that I rotate my outfits evenly.
I initially had this set up on my HTC Fuze using ListPro for Windows Mobile, but of course, this software isn't available for Blackberry. After an exhaustive and fruitless search through all available apps for Blackberry, I decided to look to my iPod Touch to see if I could get something comparable.
My search led me to an app called iSort, and while it isn't perfect, it certainly gives me a good start. My virtual closet simply lists all my clothes arranged by the last date I marked them worn:


Wardrobe

And adding new items is as easy as pulling the image in and naming it:


Outfit detail

I'm still working on getting all my clothes in the database, but I liked how it looked so much that I decided to organize my television shows by which TiVo they are on:


Tv shows isort

Comments