Zen Through Tech


 

I've been thinking a lot lately about all the ways technology has helped me be more Zen.... 

1. Daily Affirmations: I recently started using an app called "I Am" which gives you daily affirmations in a widget on your homepage. In the few weeks that I have been using it, I notice that I am more tuned in to the things that calm me. Today's phrase: "I adopt the habit of expressing my gratitude every day.

2. Social Media: I hear a lot of complaints about how Social Media stresses some people out- in my case I find it relaxing and interesting. I follow people and groups who are always doing interesting, unique and fun things that amuse and/or inspire me daily. Pro tip: I quickly unfollow people who use their feed for negativity or vague-booking. 

3. Journaling: You'll continue to hear more about my regular journaling journey but I cannot ignore how instrumental technology has been in helping with my consistency. I love the feel of physically writing, but I need the flexibility of being able to do it anywhere. I so enjoy how my S22 Ultra and my Galaxy Fold let me jot down thoughts anywhere I am. 

4. Music: One of the most calming songs I enjoy is by Emmy Rossum called "Slow Me Down". Playing it in the solitude of my car takes me to such an immediately Zen place. 

Comments