Cold Weather Fashion Prep!



It's about that time again- where the weather is out of control cold either where you are, or where you're planning to go! For those of us who are plus size, it can feel defeatist to have to navigate through clothing designed to make us appear even larger! 

In 2021 I made an epic trip out to Fairbanks, Alaska to see the northern lights and most of that trip's looks were made possible by Garnerstyle's Incredible Ski Collection that year (see top pic!). 

This year's travel adventure is going to be a little less cold, but will require layers and flexibility. I found my layers on Amazon, and they should be available to you whenever you are ready to start your ski/extreme cold weather shopping (see, also, Texas Feb 2021)!!


Inner: 

I go with the WuHouPro Brand from Amazon- it's not very bulky but keeps you nice and warm. At the low price point, it's easy to buy a bunch of these as they are the only layer you will really need to replace/wash.

Mid: 

For my middle layer, I use any pair of sweat pants I can find (or looser fit leggings) and either a workout jacket, like the one pictured or a fleece jacket

Outer: 

Depending on the activity, I either use my travel staple Calvin Klein coat or my newer packable puffer jacket(pictured). The deciding factor is how much of my legs I need to protect from the elements. I just picked up these Arctix pants from Amazon and they are incredibly warm, but still have a great range of movement. They also come in a long length option so that was a gamechanger for me!




Comments