The Best of Both (Samsung) Galaxies


 I feel incredibly fortunate- in a time when so many are trying to decide between 2 powerful phones, I am able to use both of them seamlessly in my daily life. By using the Fold as my tablet, there is clearly a demarcated time and place for each device. Here is how it typically breaks down for me:

Phone Calls: Easy, my S22 Ultra via Verizon plan.

GPS Navigation: my S22 with the magnetic attachment for my truck. 

Morning Web Browsing: Each morning I still reach for my S22 to browse the web while in bed and take in some social media. 

Journaling & Notetaking: 99% of my Journaling is done via my Fold. The exception is if I am watching something on my Fold, and in that case I will use my S22 to take notes. 

Watching Shows: Always on my Fold. Crisp, clear screen and usually with my tablet stand for ease of use. 

Work: I use my Fold when rounding in clinics for managing my task lists and keeping up with my email. I have gotten in the habit of using it only in unfolded mode- I find it distractingly flamboyant to be unfolding it on the floor.

Photography: My S22 Ultra. This is one of the best photography phones and I always take advantage of using it. 

Wardrobe Planning: I have been using YourCloset on Android for several years (and Personal Closet for over a decade before that!). My current workflow is to build out a month's worth of looks using my Fold, then capture the screen into a Samsung note that I share on the homescreen of both my Fold and my S22 Ultra. It works!

Podcast Consumption: My S22 Ultra. I do have the option and can sync my progress via PocketCasts Plus, I rarely ever use my Fold to take in my Podcasts. 

Music: On regular days, my S22 Ultra and Amazon Music are how I jam out, with one exception that only comes out in the summer: when poolside, I typically use my tablet to bluetooth music to our splashproof speaker. Why? Silly reason, really- whenever you take videos using your phone, it interferes with the music playing. So, this became my workaround. I expect that when the summer comes around, I'll be back to this again, maybe finally using my external screen to navigate playlists. 

Whatsapp & Text Messaging: My S22 Ultra. Even though there are workarounds to shadow messaging on my Fold, I find keyboard typing much easier on my phone. 


Comments