Pick an App...ANY App...And then stick with it!

 


 
I've been doing the hyper-productivity dance for a while now and I have to say- I suspect all the comparing of apps has actually made me less productive. I've been an avid Evernote user since 2008 (14 years and counting!) but every so often, I become convinced that I am not being my most productive self because I am not using *blank* (Notion, OneNote, etc). 
I was hit with all the Notion hype and tried on 4 different occasions to switch to it- including an attempt to import all my Evernote data into it. Ultimately, I just don't think it's right for me. I recently pulled up Notion's Travel Planner template in an attempt to use it for a very specific function. Here is their Travel Planner:


Although it has a very attractive layout, it doesn't have more functionality than what I am able to achieve on Evernote for the same purpose. Here is my trip summary from my Dubai vacation last November:

I realized for me, there was no gain in using yet another app to try to manage just one function. So, my suggestion is to really weigh what the benefit is of moving to a whole new app- what you are looking for may be just a tweak away with the app you already use. 

Comments