Laptop, Tablet, Phone.. Use Case Scenarios

Every so often I ask myself if I really need a phone, tablet and laptop... I've decided to document the when, how and why of each device so I can really examine if I need to have all 3 (technically 4 if you add my dock at home that I use to convert my laptop or tablet to a desktop setup!).  
Phone
A non-negotiable for me. I use it for calls, WhatsApp, GPS, photography (always!), and as my quick grab-and-go device. Since I switched away from having internet connectivity on my tablet last year, it is also how I hotspot any of my other gadgets if I need to. 

Tablet
Professionally I have preferred to tote a tablet around clinic, rather than my phone mainly because of aesthetics. There is no way to not look like I am casually texting (or worse, video recording!) while trying to use a phone. Since I moved to my S7 Tablet, I have a whole new appreciation for watching videos on the amazing screen- and with the S-Pen, I do just about all of my journaling and note-taking on my tablet. When I travel, I typically switch over to my Tablet at the end of a long day once my phone is out of juice. 

Laptop:
The 2 main reasons I keep a laptop are for the Windows OS (some things just need to be run on full Windows to be efficient) and for ease of use when in bed. I typically do not take my laptop on trips, although I do take it locally if I have situations that call for a lot of typing. My Galaxy Book pro 360 also uses an S-Pen so in a pinch I could do journaling from my laptop, but honestly, I rarely recall ever doing so. 

Altogether there is a kind of synergy that I enjoy with all 3 and while I could likely forgo using a laptop; each time I find myself watching a YouTube tutorial on it while jotting notes on my Tablet, I immediately talk myself out of it.
 

Comments