Galaxy Book Pro 360: 1 Month Later

I realized that I've had my GBP360 for exactly a month now, and thought I ought to jot down a few thoughts on it:

1. I've only recently stopped carrying it everywhere with me. I generally don't carry my laptop every day but I was enjoying it so much that I fell into that habit. I now carry it only when I know I will need it during the day, and use it more heavily at night and on weekends. 
2. I love the size and weight of it. Seriously, it is just such a portable device to use. 
3. The battery life has settled down really well. I can't say exactly how long it lasts but it definitely gets me through a full day of intermittent use. 
4. I really enjoy and appreciate how well it works with my other Samsung devices. From the buds quickly flipping intuitively to answer a call on my phone, to the Quick share feature-it all works seamlessly together. This is perhaps the first glimpse I've had into how Apple users feel in their ecosystem. 
5. The Webcam is still garbage. But, knowing that, I have rarely used it. I've done a handful of video meetings using it and the burden of the camera, to be honest, is on the other attendees. So.....technically, not really something that I have to deal with, haha!
6. I've rarely used the pen on the screen- I much prefer the feel of my Galaxy Tab S7 but it is nice to have it for the few times I've used it. Instead of fiddling with another pen, I just use the Mystic Bronze pen on my Tab, my S21 Ultra and GB360. It's very convenient having them all respond to the same pen and the same earbuds. 
7. I don't regret my purchase in the least. I am thrilled that I went with the 13 inch model, however. I think it is much more solidly put together and the smaller screen size makes the resolution of text a lot more acceptable. 
8. I don't miss the Windows Hello nearly as much as I thought I would. As a matter of fact, I have found it more helpful to have my laptop stay on the lockscreen until I intentionally unlock it. On my Surface Book 3 I have had the unpleasant experience of having a gift search spoiled because once I unfolded my laptop it immediately unlocked and revealed the last page I was viewing. 
9. With the return window closed, I will happily be moving to sell off my Surface Book 360. With it being less than a year old I hope to be able to offset most of my cost. 
10. I tried a screen protector but removed it almost immediately. I thought I would need one to protect the screen from the pen, but, frankly, I am not writing nearly enough to merit the slight haziness I saw with the screen protector. 

I rate this purchase as one of my smartest recent investments. With the Intel Core i7, 16Gb of RAMand 512GB of storage, this should easily get me through the next 5 years at least (which is how long my HP Spectre 360 13-4101dx was with me before I sold it off for the beefy Surface Book 3!)

Comments