Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360: Going All In with Samsung


Over the past few months, I made some much needed swaps. My Note 9 has been replaced by the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (the camera is INCREDIBLE). I returned my Surface Duo for the full sized Galaxy S7 (the pen input is INCREDIBLE). And as I've made these changes I've found myself happier in the Samsung ecosystem. In fact, my journaling has been switched into Samsung Notes (which I then import weekly into Evernote- I'll do a more detailed post about that later). 
So, with all those changes, I've felt that the last step is to transition away from my Surface Book 3.... As much as I loved the idea of it, the reality has been less ideal. First of all, it is a heavy, hunk of machinery- mobility is not the strength here. And the detachable screen that promised to give me a standalone tablet has been used far less than I intended. Once it's detached, figuring out where to put the keyboard base has become a whole event. And the battery life is erratic, and once it is detached you only have a portion of the battery available. And then there's the pen- which requires charging via the dock that also needs to be connected to the SB3. 
I downloaded the Samsung Notes app via a backdoor channel and while I got an initial sync, I can't get it to sync again. But the idea of having Notes available on every single device I own, with the same pen on my phone, tablet and laptop has become incredibly attractive. And on a recent trip, I got to experience using Quick Share to move pictures and videos from my phone to my S7 which gave me a bigger screen to edit on- I loved it!
I watched the Samsung Unpacked video of the new Galaxy Book Pro 360 and felt all the feelings. This super thin device, with a beautiful color and deep integration into the Samsung apps looks incredible- I preordered a 15 inch (the Mystic Bronze did not come in the 13.5 inch) so I'm also curious to see how I do with the larger screen. Hopefully it should be here on Friday so I can stop refreshing YouTube and rewatching the Unpacked presentation and actually jump in!

 

Comments