Digital Journaling: Samsung Notes

Last year one of the things that got me through was a return to more regular journaling. Over the past few years, I've written intermittently, but have never gotten back to the actual habit of daily journaling and digesting my thoughts. It was this need that made the Surface Duo an attractive option for me and last October I explained how I was using my devices to Journal . However, as time has gone on, I've developed a much more sophisticated workflow. I built a weekly template that consists of: 



The main page consists of my habit tracker, which I complete with green dots. Obviously, the more green dots, the better I have done that week. I also use this to develop new good habits- for example, one of my 2021 goals is to make my bed daily. So, 'tidied up' indicates whether I made my bed now, but later could mean something else once I have made it a daily habit I no longer have to think about. 
I don't really know why I included 'Shower' on this list, lol, except that maybe it was listed on habit trackers I borrowed from and it never occurred to me to update it. I typically shower daily, with the exception of the occasional lazy pajama Sunday. But, I digress...










The second page is what I call the Weekly Download. It has a personalized template for the Level 10 Life, which I have found invaluable . I attach summaries of the weather, my finances, and anything of note during the week. An example of my small wins:



And then I have several pages of lined pages to keep my daily notes:




One of my favorite things about using Samsung Notes is that I can access it from my S21 Ultra and from my Tab S7. I love being able to quickly add pictures to my journal and even stickers. And once I have completed a page, I change the background so that the lines are removed and the page has a nice clean look with just my handwriting left. 


Journaling is a great habit, but if I've learned one thing this past year it's that it only becomes a habit when it is easy to do. And a journaling workflow that can be accessed from any device you own, is an absolute winner in my book!



Comments