Microsoft Surface Duo- A Case for No Case

The moment that I saw the Duo was white, I started thinking about all the ways I would need to skin it, case it, or otherwise camouflage the color. I don't inherently love white tech.  

I ordered my first skin from Sopiguard, and really loved the look of it, but the gloss made me nervous about dropping it. The gloss version also had some tiny specks in it that made it look just a bit too....festive. I also accidentally ordered the version without the logo cutout and found myself accidentally holding it upside down one time too many. Back to the drawing board. 

With such a smooth and quick shipping experience from Sopiguard, I ordered a satin version of the wine red, this time with the logo cutout. And, I decided to give the bumper a shot:


While I like this color better (and love the logo cutout!) I am still a bit dissatisfied. The satin finish has no more real grip to it than the gloss version (actually, it seems to have a bit less). And while the bumper gives a nice soft edge when you hold it, it picks up lint like crazy and makes it harder to slip in and out of a case or a pocket. I decided to go back to Sopiguard and took a look at all the skins, and fell in love with the look of the leather one:



Photo from Daniel Rubino on Twitter

So, I've ordered it, including the side pieces, and plan to use that. It's a bit of a deviation from my all-red setup, but I haven't found a red case that I am as passionate about. We'll see how it goes- if the black bumper ever comes out, I may add that too. But there has never been a thought to add a case to this device- at all! Wish me luck!

Comments