Microsoft Surface Duo... Erm, Yes Please!

 


As if on cue, the Microsoft Surface Duo was announced and shown earlier this month...My Galaxy S2 is on it's last legs after nearly 5 years so I am definitely in the market for a new tablet. My current phone is a Galaxy Note 9 and I am extremely happy with it. 

For my Tablet, my hierarchy of tech needs are:
1. 7-8 inch form factor. 
2. Android
3. Solid battery life
4. Pen input

Over the past few months in quarantine I tried out an iPad Mini and a Galaxy Tab S6...these trials cemented that my hierarchy of needs are non-negotiable. I am not willing to lose my investments in the Android apps, 10 inches makes the device too unwieldy, and I really enjoy journaling directly on my tablet. 

I put in my pre-order for the Surface Duo (my failed trips for 2020 have made it a financial option), not because I think it's a good phone, but because I think it will make a phenomenal tablet.


Comments