Weekend Watching: The Inbetweeners


Somewhere during my marathon watching of The Inbetweeners I morphed into a teenage boy and suddenly had all kinds of insight into their minds. This show made me laugh so hard I cried several times and nearly wet myself once. It's crude, ridiculous and very inappropriate but also the funniest thing I have seen in ages.
The premise is that posh Will is forced to go to public school and ends up in an oddball clique consisting of worldly Jay (who talks a good game but has never actually seen any action), clueless Neil and shy but lovable Simon. They get themselves into all kinds of trouble at school and just never seem to be able to get their act together. It is a hilarious riot- which is why it made me furious that MTV recently recently tried to release American version. The good news is that the knockoff failed so woefully it was cancelled the day it aired, allowing The Inbetweeners to keep its good name unsullied.
You can get this one on Netflix streaming this weekend. I recommend it with a drink of Ribena and a package of crisps.

Comments