Project: Powder Room

Here is what our first floor powder room looked like when we bought our house in 2007:


I really liked how it looked and was excited that the previous owners had opted to leave the ornate mirror behind. And then....Seth happened. Sometime during his potty training he must have found a lift in the wallpaper and before we knew it the entire room was stripped:


Ok, so maybe it wasn't that bad, but it certainly led us to strip the entire room and start from scratch. Dean decided he would do the entire room on his own and let me design it. I knew right away that I wanted to go 'bordello boudoir' and create a moody cave. My first wishlist was inspired from our vacation to Mexico where I became obsessed with basin sinks:
I also wanted the room to be red and after an extensive search I found the exact shade of rice wallpaper that I knew would be perfect in the room. So, with much sweat and muscle, here is what Dean's hands made:





I admit that the finished product is not for everyone, but I absolutely love it. I am also very impressed with Dean's skills! That man is so talented!!

Comments