TunIt Lets me Listen to Any US Radio Station Anywhere!

One feature that I've noticed in a lot of phones lately is the FM Radio. For me, its never been on my must-have list because I've been able to listen to the radio in the car, on my Zune and in the house. However, that changed for me somewhat last year when we moved to Texas from New York. One of my favorite radio guilty pleasures, the Wendy Williams show, isn't available on my local radio. In order to listen to it, I had to use my PC and visit the website. As a result, I haven't been able to dedicate time to listen to it at all for the past few months. 
Yesterday I decided to hunt for a solution. There are a number of radio stations that I wouldn't mind listening to, and I just knew there had to be a way to do it...and there was. TunIt.org Radio uses a data connection to allow me to listen to a large selection of radio stations from across the US. This makes it better than having an FM tuner in my phone- now I can listen to radio stations in states outside of the one I'm in! 
I purchased it yesterday, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. The layout is simple and easy to figure out. The navigation could use some work, as you need to peck at the screen to get  anything done. To keep it simple, you can set your favorites as the home screen for easy accessibility upon launch:


Screen018

You can search by state or genre to find the radio station you wish. Thats quite handy:




Once you select a radio station it opens using Windows Media Player and you can even close the application and the playback will continue. My only gripe with it is that it isnt optimized for landscape layout. I have to do a fair amount of scrolling while using it, or rotate my screen (which I did for the screenshots above). Other than that, it does what it does very well...giving me not just local radio but any radio I want. 

Comments

Ontario Emperor said…
You don't need to *purchase* an application to listen to radio on your phone. On your phone's web browser, go to http://tuned.mobi/ which offers radio stations from the US, the UK, Australia, and possibly other locations. However, navigation-wise, you get what you pay for.