BareBones Report: Day 3

Photobucket So, its been 3 days of running my Ubiquio in lite-mode, and I have to admit, I did re-define what barebones means to me. I decided that it would exclude any applications that are Today Screen Plugins, or that run in the background(exceptions are OctroTalk and TinyTwitter, but they have to be running to function, so technically doesn't count. Right?) I've slowly added a few more programs (Egress, CorePlayer, Skype and YahooGo) and have been extremely happy with its performance. I haven't had any lockups, haven't had to perform any resets and its still stayed very very fast. I will admit, it has been a bit tedious navigating into the settings to adjust the backlight as needed and remembering to turn the volume on and off, but thats a small price to pay. I am debating allowing myself to install one app that has a plugin to let me manually control all that right from the Today screen- I can deal with not having profiles switch automatically, but I just dont like the added work to get to each function.

Comments