Next Up- Nexus One?

Around this time every year I get antsy about mobile devices. Blackberry has been good to me for the past year, but there's just no excitement there and I can't pretend that getting by is enough for me. I've loved the hardware of the Bold and the Onyx, but at this point, the only thing I really get a kick from on the software front anymore is the SocialScope app. I keep going into App world to see if there's anything interesting or ground breaking happening, but no such luck.

After looking hard at my Hierarchy of Smartphone needs, I realized that the difference between my Onyx and a device like the Google Nexus one is that with each one I'm getting 4 out of my 5 points. I'm enjoying Android- the layout, the apps, and that old excitement of learning how to tweak and customize....its all come back to me and its making me invigorated.

I guess this is my roundabout way of convincing myself that a move to the Nexus One just makes sense. I've been enjoying my Motorola Backflip, but I know myself well enough to know that I definitely do not want a device with moving parts. In fact, I've been using only the keyboard onscreen, and have found that quite manageable in spite of the chunkiness.





Photobucket



So my plan now is to order the Nexus One and see if I can do without a keyboard. If I love it, I'll sell off my Blackberry and potentially my iPhone. If I don't I'll return or resell it. In the meantime, I'm going to return the Backflip. Let's start the insanity!

Comments