Future Phone

Well, its been 6 and a half months with my Blackberry Bold which is a virtual eternity with me. And so far, I haven't seen too much that has me itching to leave RIM. I gave the Pre a fair shake, but the hardware and lack of software put me off. Initially I thought I might get more interested when the next version (the Eos?) comes out, but now I'm not convinced about that.
I've been extremely happy with my experience on my Bold, with the exception of the low memory and underwhelming camera. I'm managing to work with the memory issues, and my new iPhone 3G has given me some relief from the camera image quality. But looking ahead, I realize that I want a longer-term solution since its just a few things keeping me from absolute nirvana.
I've been hearing a lot of whispers about a rumored new Blackberry- the Onyx- and it might be just what I need to get me there. It has an improved 3.2 megapixel camera with auto-focus, 256MB of memory, and a smaller footprint. It still keeps the WiFi, and 3G (which I'd lose if I got the Tour or 8900). I'm happy with my AT&T service, and as of today, am eligible (on Dean's line) for an upgrade. As the Onyx is rumored to be coming to AT&T by the end of the year, barring any magical new device between now and then, I think I'll be able to hold out until then.

Comments