Blackberry Bold Annoyances

More things have started to crop up that are making me realize why it is that I like Windows Mobile in general, and my Fuze in particular so much.

First of all, the memory on the Bold is killing me, and there's no way (that I can see) to easily keep tabs on the memory.

Then there's the camera, which is beyond horrible:

Taken with the Bold:
Blackberry Bold Camera Test

Taken with the Fuze:
HTC Fuze Camera Test

I kind of liked the trackball at first, but now I just find it annoying. The incessant scrolling is just not fun. And I tried using it to do some reading in bed last night and the scrolling sound started to sound like nails on a chalkboard.

Even though I was impressed with the applications I found, those were *all* the worthwhile applications I could find.

Navigation is not easy. There are 2 convenience keys, and the most logical use I could find for them was camera and task switcher. The ones you place on the homescreen are limited to 6, but only one is truly a "click" away- you must roll over the others to get to the one you want. At least with Windows Mobile you can tap what you need to get at.

Notifications- First of all that flashing LED is slowly driving me insane. Every moment it seems like something or the other is triggering it- and there's no way to know what except by turning it on. And once I wake the phone up, I have to find out which program has set it off: with Email, Facebook and SMS its straightforward enough, but if its Twitterberry, Beejive or any other thirdparty app, there's no end to the hunting. It seems odd to me that I can't roll my trackball onto the notification and open whichever app has placed it there:

I should be able to roll right onto that Beejive icon, but I've got to hunt down the app to open it and read the message.
Notifications on blackberry bold

No total silence? Why can't I select a profile that completely silences the Bold? I selected the 'Quiet' profile last night and was suprised to hear (loud) intro music when I opened up Word Mole. Any program that produced a sound continued to seemingly without any regard to my chosen profile.

Comments