HP Mini 1000- My MVP


Last November I bought myself an HP Mini 1000 to replace my Asus EEE PC and I have not regretted the decision for a moment. It has a spot on my bedside tech rack (more on that another time) and its perfect to grab and go for trips. I've always been someone who uses laptops attached to a power source, but because of the small size of my Mini, I find that I am more prone to carry it around with me without the power cord.
The battery life is not too bad- where our HP DV6000 gets about an hour and a half, the mini can get about three hours which usually means it can last all evening after work if I bring it downstairs to use while Dean uses the DV6000. Recently, though, I've started paying a lot more attention to my Mini- Its convenient for so many things and with the summer coming, we've even been thinking about using it in the evenings to watch movies while enjoying the backyard. That definitely calls for a higher capacity battery, so on Sunday I ordered a 6-cell battery from HP. I also bit the bullet and pried open the screen to fix the webcam which I was too afraid to do before. The difference is incredible, and I can't believe HP let it ship like that. Last Saturday at BestBuy I stumbled upon this case which ended up being a perfect fit for my Mini even though its actually made for a portable DVD player. An added bonus is that the case will also fit once I have the 6-cell battery attached.
What I've learnt from my time with my HP Mini 1000 is that I don't enjoy Linux at all, I like a really sleek and slim netbook, and that if I like a device, I'll inevitably look for more ways to get more use out of it.

Comments