Not Exactly Suzie Home-Maker

Photobucket

What do you call a mother who stays home, but who's baby is in daycare? Still a stay-at-home mom, technically? Well, that's my niche right now. I realized that I would slowly go mad if I had to stay at home all day every day. I mean, seriously, I don't really do cooking (more like putting meals together) and I've been meaning to get to the dusting for a few days now.
But one thing that I have got down to a science is caring for our son. Its like a switch just turned on when he was born, and in my typical highly-organized method, I can tell you exactly what he'll be wearing for the rest of the week, I've got his bottle labels ready for the next 2 weeks of daycare, the electric kettle is always hot, and I can make a bottle of formula in about 45 seconds. And all that is for someone I've only known for 8 months!
I absolutely love motherhood, however, I am looking forward to getting a job and going back to work. Because you'd better believe that one of my first expenses when I do is a weekly housecleaning service.

Comments