Project: Courtyard Creation (a.k.a Delightful Driveway)

One of the best features of our home is the large side-driveway that can hold up to 9 cars (we know because during parties we've done it!). When we first saw the home I imagined a 'courtyard' area.


It was love at first sight! 

Once we moved in and started doing projects it didn't take long for me to remember the grand plans I had for the garage area. The first thing Dean did was to stain the fence a lovely shade of red. My next plan was to paint the garage door- the white doors were blindingly so and made it almost uncomfortable to sit next to in the daylight. I initially planned on painting them black but after doing a cut-and-paste rendering, I decided against it:

A bit too dark, even with my budget rendering skills...

Last night Dean and I went to Lowe's and found a lovely shade of tan that struck the perfect balance. I spent 4 hours painting this morning, then ended with some finishing touches- magnetic carriage gate hardware and some planters. The end result:

Voila! Even with our cars parked in the driveway we still have a decent sized courtyard!


Comments