Home Renovation Project: 'The Palace'


Every year after we vacation I return home with a sense of bringing the vibe of our holiday destination with us. That explains why our backyard looks a bit like a Jamaican resort and our kitchen has a decidedly European flair to it. So, after a week at the plush Waldorf Astoria during our trip to New York I was excited to dive in to jazzing up our home office. Our home office has been a major eyesore over the past few years as I dumped mail and odds and ends in there. After 2 weeks, of de-cluttering (and getting the green light from Dean to go as glam as my heart desires!) I present my new space, now referred to as 'the palace':


Hayworth vanity as desk, Mirrored Damask Panel, Floor Vase all from Pier 1. Vaughn Slipper chair from Target. I applied contact paper to the closet door for a pop of contrast.
I got rid of one bookcase and then used rubber cement to attach mirrored squares to the other one



Onyx Silkana curtains (Amazon). Elegant Designs Crystal Ball Table Lamp (Amazon), Mirrored Console Table (Target).

Couldn't decide what to put on the wall so I went bold with silver discs from WildThings. Skyline Chaise and Mirrored Accent table from Target, Park Madison Table Lamp from Amazon. Gray shag rug from IMSRugs (via Amazon)

My Piece de Resistance- French Empire Chandelier from Amazon. I love her!



Comments