RIP Tab, Hello Nexus


No sooner had I bragged about my 2 year love affair with my Galaxy Tab 7.7 than the unthinkable happened.As I attempted to zip some files my Tab ran out of memory, shut down and then refused to to turn back on even after trying to do a hard reset via buttons. Without panicking I decided to look at the available 7 inch options on the market and quickly landed on the Nexus 7. The main selling points for me were:

  • I remember how much I loved my Nexus One back in 2010.
  • Nexus devices are pretty quick with updates (more on this in a bit)
  • Wireless charging. I really want this on my tablet.
  • Smaller size. After my time with the Note 8 I decided smaller is better. 
  • Weight: 
So, with that I picked an unlocked one up and popped my sim card into it and was excited to find it immediately picked up Verizon service. I splurged on $50 for a wireless charger and have been quite pleased with how it works. I miss my Tab 7.7 for nostalgic reasons but I'm excited with my new Nexus 7. 


Comments