Evo View- Tab Replacement

Photobucket

I'll admit- I've gone a little overboard lately but I assure you there's a method to my madness. I picked up an Evo View yesterday based on the 4G and because I felt like my Tab was getting a little long in the tooth. I finally had enough when it refused to apply the system update for the billionth time. But any doubts I had about my decision disappeared as soon as I took the Evo View out of the box. Even though all specs say its thicker and heavier than the Galaxy Tab there must be some wizardry going on with the View because it seems better distributed. The screen resolution is listed as the same 1024x600 but the View fits a significant amount more on the screen.

Photobucket

The speed on the 4G is outrageous- it's faster than our home wifi. And it doesn't drain the battery nearly as fast as I feared it would. I downloaded the HTC update and then was able to stream Netflix. Suprisingly, the only app that doesn't work properly is the HBO Go one- everytime I try to log in I get a force close. Small price to pay, I suppose. I am extremely happy with the purchase, and I can't wait to list my Tab on eBay....and possibly the iPad too.

Comments