Out of the Dumps

When you haven't heard from me in a while its usually because I've been very busy, down in the dumps, or as has been the case in the last 2 months, both. A lot of crap has been raining down on me, from an impromptu tooth extraction, followed by a terrible case of dry socket. No sooner did I get over that than something annoying popped up at work-another incident of me working my butt off and someone else getting the VIP treatment.I won't go too into it, but I will say that its sad how this cycle has become an almost annual event- someone new comes along, is immediately handed the keys to the castle, fails spectacularly and then leaves the cleanup to me. Believe me- I'm beyond happy where I am- I just wish everyone else had to prove themselves the way I did.
And, because bad news comes in threes, we got the truly awful news that the symptoms my mother-in-law has been battling over the last few months has been due to a tumor that is cancerous. They were able to remove most of it, but there will be chemo to follow once she recovers.
After a while of moping and self-pitying, I finally decided this weekend to snap out of it. It's not the end of the world, and there are people having a much tougher time being far less dramatic than I've been lately. At the end of the day I've got dental insurance that covered my new bridge, a career that I'm passionate about, and a fantastic mother-in-law with highly optimistic odds. And those are no small feats!

Comments