Solitary Confinement

This has been one of the weirdest weeks of my life. Last Saturday morning (at 5 am!!) I took my guys to the airport and they headed to New Jersey to spend the week visiting Dean's mother. I spent a quiet weekend reading, watching movies and kept myself entertained. On Monday I went to work and heard rumblings of an impending ice storm-sure enough by Tuesday morning we had been hit overnight with sleet and with the sub-freezing temps the roads were sheets of ice. The rest of the week became a state of emergency and my clinic was closed for the next 4 days. I was trapped at home without my family and no idea when it would all be over.
Over the past 5 days I've been doing a lot of reading on my Galaxy Tab with my Kindle app. I've also watched several movies from Netflix on our Wii. This week has made me really appreciate having my Tab. Its enabled me to play WordFeud, read, watch my podcasts while leaving my phone purely for talking. That was the idea I had in 2009 when I had an iPod Touch as a secondary device but somehow the Tab -perhaps due to its size-accomplishes the task more efficiently.
This evening my guys get home and I can honestly say I've never looked forward to seeing them as much as I do today!

Comments