The Science of Size, The Size of Science

I recently showed Dean a video of the Samsung Galaxy Tab that I'm hoping to get once its released (any day now, right?) and his response was "Oh, so you're going big again?" I knew exactly what he meant. It seems like just yesterday that I was using the Jasjar as my main device and it was about the same size (open) as the Tab. I swore off devices that size and decided that thin was in.
Fast forward to 2010 and I have the thinnest device I've ever had in the Nexus one, and a phone that can almost fit in the palm of my hand (the Pixi) and I am not content until I have the 7-inch Tab in my arsenal. I know I'm not the only one in that frame of mind. After Apple was able to finally get the ipod shuffle to be nearly the size of the Zoolander phone they came out with the iPad which nearly defies the laws of mobility.So the question remains- what's happened to us?
As we've started to enjoy a richer variety of content on our mobile devices, as well as spend more time with our mobile gadgetry, we have a need for a bigger screen which is a far cry from when all we wanted was the smallest device possible.

Comments