eBuddy Android Update


One of my favorite uses for my mobile devices is instant messaging. Ever since Facebook chat went mobile, its been a part of my daily routine to keep my IM client logged in to catch a quick chat here and there with long lost friends. It hasn't always been an easy proposition: Beejive on Windows Mobile sucked battery life like crazy. Palringo was quirky and very beta-ish. On Blackberry I had better luck with Beejive, and it soon became one of my MVPs (alongside SocialScope). Fast forward to Android, and I decided to go with eBuddy. I've enjoyed it so far, even though I miss basic luxuries like exporting chat logs to Evernote, and sending files (seriously???!).
But lately there's been a nagging irritation with the connectivity that was driving me a little bit crazy. After a set period of time, Facebook chat would show me as logged off, even though I could see all my friends online. Eventually I made it a point to log off and back on again whenever I remembered to.
Well, yesterday the good folks at eBuddy released an update that uses Facebook connect to log in to Facebook chat and so far it seems to be doing a good job of keeping me logged in. This is one of the reasons I love the Android platform so much. I haven't had a day go by where there hasn't been at least one app update. Its refreshing, to say the least.

Comments