Asus EEE PC 1018P- Super Thin, Uber Sexy

Yesterday I was browsing Engadget and noticed this article about the ASUS 1018p. It piqued my interest, especially when some research on the netbook revealed it to be one of the thinnest, and also to have about double the battery life of my HP 110.

I hadn't planned on upgrading my netbook, but I started doing some thinking...if I plan to move from the Nexus to the Charm once that gets released, I'll definitely be needing a multimedia device to complement it. My HP 110 with its extended battery is not exactly the most mobile option in the world. (Side note: in Jamaica we wanted to try making a Skype call from the main building thinking the signal would be stronger than it was at the remote villas we were staying in. The size and weight of the HP turned us off so we ended up making a Skype call on a 17kbps connection....it was very interesting!)

So yesterday evening I took a field trip to Best Buy and found that it looked even better in real life than it had in photos. I immediately scooped one up, with the intention of throwing the HP up on eBay.



Here's a comparison of the thickness of both devices. It wouldn't be so atrocious except that I still only get about 6 hours despite the massive hump on the HP. So far I haven't had much time to really play with it, but I do plan to get into it once I bump the memory to 2GB and the OS to Windows 7 Home Edition.

My multimedia plan is to put Tivo Desktop on it and have it pull all my shows from my Tivo and be able to tote my Asus anywhere I go.

Comments