MyCloset: So Close yet So Far

One of the things I was excited about when I moved to android was the option to use MyCloset to manage my wardrobe. If you're a long time reader you know that I have been on a longtime hunt for an app to do this. The iPhone solution I found (TouchCloset) was subpar mainly because I couldn't plan a week's worth of outfits in advance. On that front, MyCloset excels. The main gripes I have with MyCloset concern getting your items into the app. You can't use photos you've already taken; you'll need to take pictures of each item. And if you make a mistake with assigning a category you'll need to delete it and start over.
There is a desktop component to help you add clothes from your PC, but that process works in such a clunky way that it really doesn't make it easy. You can't add in bulk, and after each entry you need to start all over.
And once you do get your data in, make sure you never have to hard reset! With no backup options I learnt that lesson the hard way after I rooted my Nexus.
But if you can overcome all those difficulties, you end up with a solid app to track what you wore and plan what you're going to wear. I'm glad to have any option for this at all!

Comments