Getting to the Root of it All

This weekend I finally bit the bullet and rooted my Nexus One. It wasn't the most involved technological experiment I've ever undertaken but it was enough that I gave myself a pat on the back when I was done. I'll post more details later about how I did it and which tweaks I used.
My goals for tweaking were: on-device screenshots, colored trackball notifications and a black bar. And thankfully I got everything I wanted.  I haven't measured the battery life but I haven't noticed anything noticeably different.
The one thing that really has bothered me is that I haven't found a way to backup and restore application settings. I spent ages adding all my clothes to the My Closet app only to find that restoring the app via MyBackupPro didn't restore all my clothes *sigh*.

Comments