Goodbye iPad


It suddenly dawned on me this morning that I don't just not need an ipad, but it really didn't fit comfortably anywhere in my use. I had this idea that I'd use it for ereading and movies, but it didn't make much sense in practice. Instead I could use my Nexus one docked on my dash to watch my TV shows during my lunch break. And then the ereader plan fell apart when I realized how invested I am in my Mobipocket library.

In fact, my Epiphany about the ipad may well be an argument for me to ditch the iphone-as-ipod as well. I haven't made a final decision on that one yet, although I must tell you I've also toyed with the idea of putting a heavy duty case on it and letting Seth use it.

So, the entire iPad experience set me back about $50 (restocking fee) but I don't begrudge it. I needed to take it on a trial run for myself.

Comments