Hands on with Android

Its finally here! After one false start a few months ago, I've finally gotten my hands on Android. On Wednesday I decided to finally get one, and I after a careful examination of my finances (bearing in mind I still haven't made a final decision about the iPad!!) I went ahead and ordered a lower end device- an unlocked Motorola backflip.
FedEx delivered it and I've had just under an hour of exploring and so far, I'm impressed. Not quite impressed to ditch my Blackberry (so far) but I'm letting the battery charge and then I'll dive in fully.
So far, the one thing that I'm really happy about is that, like Windows Mobile, it all seems able to function over Wifi meaning I won't have to keep switching my sim back and forth.
I've tested the Motoblur and then removed it (too busy) and then downloaded the facebook application and TweetGenius for a better experience. The mail app looks great and I can see my labels and stars from Google mail. I tried to download wallpaper from the browser but it seems that you can't save images from there.

Sent via BlackBerry Onyx

Comments