Apple's New iPad

Here it is- Apple's latest creation: the iPad. It's pretty much exactly what we all expected it would be- an oversized iPod Touch. People have expressed a range of opinions from disappointment to glee...to be honest, I don't think this device requires either spectrum. It just is.

In the same way that I don't think that someone who owns an iPhone is necessarily a candidate for the iPod Touch, I also don't think that the iPad would be a companion to the iPod Touch.

I think it makes sense that Apple is offering the iPhone experience in a range of devices- with a phone radio, without a phone radio, and in a larger size. But revolutionary? I'd have to say no.

At $500 for the base model, I won't fully rule it out for me personally- although I think it will mean ditching my iPhone-as-iPod setup, moving my audio podcasts to my Blackberry....

Comments