Sweet New Ride

<Photobucket

This Monday we decided to head to the Nissan dealer to take a look at some options for us. I've had my little Daewoo Lanos for 10 years now, and although its been a perfect champ the lack of air conditioning has made it a real bear since we moved to Texas. Dean has gamely been driving it while I drove his 5 year old Nissan Xterra, but over Christmas he proposed getting me a (pre-owned) Murano. I had been really intrigued by the shape and silhoutte of the Nissan Murano for a few years and I was firmly resolved that it was the vehicle I wanted.
Once we got to the dealership, I took a test drive of a 2009 Nissan Murano and found that even though the ride was really smooth, I just wasn't wowed the way I thought I would be. I felt it was a tad too large, and something about it felt like a real "adult" car in a way that I can't entirely explain. That was when I noticed the brand new 2010 Nissan Rogue Krom edition sitting in the middle of the showroom. It had all the curves I liked in the Murano, but in a smaller, sportier body. And-wait for the girly moment- they had it in black, which was exactly the color I wanted. I was hooked- the gas consumption was considerably less than the Murano, the ride was zippier, and it was compact enough for Seth to be able to climb in and out of without being carried.
Paperwork was done, a check was written, and before I knew it, I was driving myself home in my new Rogue. I love he chrome accents, including the 17 inch aluminum rims (non-spinning, thank you very much). I'm thrilled beyond words, and now need to get all the tech inside (GPS, iPod mount, etc) to build my perfect control center :)

Comments