Apple Sucks???


Apple Note, originally uploaded by lulugirl896.

I found this note on my kitchen counter this morning. What precipitated such a strong reaction from my usually level-headed husband, you might ask? Well, it all started 2 days ago, when his Zune 8GB suddenly stopped working. He had been enjoying it for several months, especially his podcasts, when the combination of being outside in the week-long rain spell, and lack of waterproof case came together to abruptly kill off his Zune.
Yesterday we went first to Target, then to Walmart to look for a replacement Zune for him. We couldn't find any (although, sidenote, Walmart did already have the ZuneHD in stock) so we started looking into other alternatives. I've had reasonably good success with my iPod Touches, as well as my iPhone-as-an-iPod so I convinced him to take a look at the Nano.
We found the only iPod Nano in stock, which was a 16GB black one, and armed with a waterproof case, we came home and I downloaded iTunes to his desktop. The Nano wouldn't turn on but I assumed it was because the battery needed to be charged, so I plugged it in. synced up some of his favorite podcasts and let it sit for a while.
A few hours later we were getting 'Syncing' and 'Connected' messages on the iPod, but every time we tried to disconnect it, it was completely unresponsive. We plugged it back in, hoped for the best after an overnight charge and went to bed.
When I woke up this morning I was curious how he had made out with the Nano since he had already left for work. I got showered and dressed and came downstairs and found the Nano all boxed up with this note beside it. I'm guessing the Nano still wouldn't power up.
I'm hugely disappointed because I was really looking forward to getting Dean into the Apple entertainment eco-system with me. I'm going to head over to the nearest Apple Store today and see if I can get them to look at it. His final word was that he wants to take it back to Walmart and get 'anything but an iPod', but I'm hoping that if I can get it fixed at the Genius bar with no cost, I can lure him back with the shiny new screen. And failing that, we'll be back on the hunt for another Zune.

Comments