Evernote in High Gear


I've been using Evernote for about a year and a half for all kinds of uses, but I feel like its time to kick things up a notch. I'm still inundated with those pesky little receipts that seem to sit in my wallet for months for no particular reason: I need more organization!
We recently purchased a new HP Printer/Scanner/Copier combo unit, but so far installing the hardware has been rocket science: I can get the printer to work, but not the scanner- the very piece I need the most! Its not an ideal situation, and I may need to resolve it by attaching the printer to Dean's computer (which is XP) rather than mine (which is Vista).
I noticed that there was an option for OCR (Optical Character Recognition) in the software for the MFP, and I will have to wait until I get the scanning portion up and running to see if it will work well in conjunction with Evernote. If it doesn't, I may look into getting the Fujitsu ScanSnap S300 which is heavily advertised as being the perfect companion to Evernote.
I need to get to the point where there is a process to keep my life as paper-free and uncluttered as possible....

Comments