Blackberry Messenger 5.0!

Photobucket

I'll freely admit that I'm not what one would call an avid user of BBM (Blackberry Messenger). In fact, there was a period where my cousin was the only contact on my list. But, as time went on, I gained a few more friends along the way, and found it nicely complements some of my Twitter relationships.
On Saturday I finally decided to take the plunge and see what all the hoopla was about. I found an OTA link which would let me install it directly to my device, rather than via desktop and it not only updated, but kept all my contacts. Its all very eye-candy, which is exactly what I've been needing more of on my Bold lately. In fact, if I had to liken its appearance to an existing app, I would say it looks very much like BeejiveIM.
By now you've probably heard about all the features: barcode scanning, list backup, avatar support, but for me, the exciting thing is that it brings me even closer to that webOS/HTC Sense contact integration I've been looking for. Now I can have my contacts linked to Facebook, as well as the Blackberry Messenger. If the next release of Beejive can improve further on that integration, then I suspect I'll soon have no reason anymore to drool over the HTC Hero!

Comments