iPhone OS 3.0 Live!

I can assure you I know exactly what I will be doing this evening when I get home: picking up OS 3.0! I've never done an iPod upgrade, but this one will definitely have me doing it because it seems chock full of the exact things I've been waiting to get, which for me are:

Stereo Bluetooth:
Every evening I workout on my stationary bike and it takes the very last gasp of juice for my Blackberry to pump out my tunes over my S9 Bluetooth headset. I've been waiting to delegate this task to my iPod Touch so that I can finally declare it my total multimedia device.

Song Scrubbing:
Every once in a while I hear something in a podcast and realize that I missed the beginning of the sentence and/or discussion. Trying to go back a few minutes is the bain of my existence, and anything that promises to make this process easier for me is a plus in my books.

YouTube Account Management:
The idea of being able to keep track of the videos I watch on my iPod seems useful. Sometimes you want to send a message to the composer, or leave a comment, and now I'll be able to do at least the latter.

Landscape Keyboard:
Oh, sweet cramp release! I have never mastered the art of the iPeck, and I'm glad that I won't have to. The Evernote client is fantastic on the iPod touch, and now I'll actually be able to add notes to it!

Cut/Copy/Paste:
I'm not going to beat a dead horse on this one. Enough said.

Google Calendar Sync
Although I already purchased CalenGoo, I am glad to have this natively. Plus, CalenGoo is sooooo slow!

Note sync in iTunes
I will admit, I've generally abandoned the note client on my desktop and Blackberry, opting instead to just use Evernote. But again, its nice to have the option.

Of course, for those who have an iPhone, there are tons more features that you are probably looking forward to, like MMS, tethering, voice recording, et al. Enjoy, and let me know how your update goes.

Comments